The Blanks Working Group (“BWG”) held a conference call on March 7, 2023, to review and consider the adoption of six previously exposed positions. Of those six items, five were adopted. The other item was deferred and re-exposed to allow for further comment and discussion.
The items below were adopted with minor editorial updates and/or with additional comments (i.e. friendly amendments) from the BWG, regulators, or other interested parties. All adoptions are applicable to either the Life/Fraternal, Property, Health, and Title blanks, as specified by “L” for Life/Fraternal, “P” for Property, “H” for Health, and “T” for Title, or some combination thereof. Adopted items are effective for the 2023 Annual Statement, except where noted differently.
- 2022-14BWG Modified: This item modifies Exhibit 1, Parts 1 and 2 and Exhibit 8, Parts 1 and 2 to include the line of business detail reported on the Analysis of Operations by Lines of Business page. Crosscheck references on the Summary of Operations, Analysis of Operations, 5-Year Historical and Schedule S will be updated as a result of this modification. The quarterly Exhibit 1 will be modified effective Q1 2024. (L)
- 2022-15BWG: This item removes the 5% of premium filing exemption for Schedule H, Part 5 from the instructions, making the schedule a required filing for Life and Property filers that write Health business. (L/P)
- 2022-16BWG: This item removes Part 3 of the Supplemental Health Care Exhibit and the Health Care Exhibit Expense Allocation Report. These items have been identified as parts of the Annual Statement that are either duplicative or not regularly used by regulators. (L/P/H)
- 2022-18BWG: This item provides instructional corrections on the handling of Exchange Traded Funds and/or SVO Identified Funds within the IMR and AVR. Terminology will be updated to replace the classification of Bond Mutual Funds, which is no longer used in statement reporting. (L)
- 2022-20BWG: This item modifies the instructions and blanks to change the order of the Vision and Dental lines of business to be consistent with all other statement types. The changes will be reflected in the Life Health Supplement and in the Health Analysis of Operations by Lines of Business, Underwriting and Investment Exhibit, Parts 1, 2, 2A, 2B and 2D as well as the Health Quarterly Underwriting and Investment Exhibit. (L/H)
As always, Gain Compliance integrates the latest changes into the NAIC guidelines to streamline the reporting process. If there are any further questions or comments, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Stay on top of changes to the NAIC guidance on Gain’s library of resources.