Gain Compliance is developing innovative software products to help insurance professionals with the burden of their compliance-related filings. We are a team who is passionate about building great products that customers love!
We are looking for an engineer to enable our team to release high quality code with confidence. You will be responsible for the building and finding testing tools to help us improve our existing processes. You’ll be joining a growing team of distributed engineers who are rapidly deploying SaaS products. If this sounds like an interesting challenge, please apply!
You’ll be Doing:
- Building Github Actions to automate testing and reporting on Pull Requests
- Research products, frameworks and services to increase developer confidence.
- Define best testing practices for our nimble team to apply across a handful of interconnected services
- Ensuring product development is pragmatically using testing to confidently deliver a great experience to our customers
- Iterating on our existing command line developer tools to make “Doing it Right” the easiest choice
- Investigate deployment strategies, traffic partitioning and rollback triggers to consistently make our customer experience top notch
- Make testing fun and interesting 🎉
- Exploring ways to sanely run end-to-end tests to increase our confidence and productivity
- Automating cloud monitoring services to identify and report on production error
What You’ll Bring:
- Comfort with platforms as a service (PaaS) and serverless products.
- Experiencing using Continuous Integration in team environments
- An eagerness to improve developer experiences and confidence through processes and tooling
- Willingness to go out of their way to make things easy to use and put the burden on the software not on the customer
- Comfort working on a distributed team and using chat, video calls and document writing to champion your passion for automated testing (and share some funny gifs)
Bonus Points, for:
- Experience writing production-level Python code
- Using React and Redux to build component client side code
- Comfort with Node.js in Cloud environments
- Experience with end-to-end testing tools such as Cypress, Selenium, or others
This job is located on the internet, remote applicants welcome! If you live near Des Moines, Iowa – we’ll even give you a desk and coworker-smells to enjoy. We are eager to talk to you at email@example.com. Please attach a resume and cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect person to help us build our test dreams.