The Head of Customer Success is responsible for leading and growing the Customer Success team which owns the onboarding and success of our customers through direct contact and communication.
In this role you are expected to:
- Support, in partnership with the Chief Product Officer, the vision and strategy of a robust end-to-end client success framework and experience.
- Lead every aspect of the Customer Success team as we grow and scale the company, products, operations, teams, and systems to meet an ever changing set of demands. This is a leadership role, not a management role.
- Develop an intimate understanding of our business, products, services, and customers in order to serve as a subject matter expert and to lead forward-thinking initiatives that help Gain grow, scale, and succeed.
- Own and mature systems, processes, and documentation to support ongoing operations at scale.
- Own, lead, delegate, coordinate, and provide input and direction on internal and client focused projects and communication.
- Develop and implement plans, processes, and best practices to support the day-to-day activities of the team.
- Support and facilitate the creation of a customer journey and experience with Gain that maximizes customer lifetime value.
- Champion programs to optimize client satisfaction along with the appropriate metrics to measure success.
- Assist in the identification of potential upsell opportunities and contribute to overall account growth.
- Communicate regularly with upper management on any and all customer experience or internal team concerns.
- Facilitate and lead cross-functional collaboration when global customer issues arise to ensure involvement of appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Build a system to easily communicate the status of initiatives to the Executive Management team and other key stakeholders.
- Develop a strong network of relationships among the Gain team, partners, clients, third-party vendors, and other key stakeholders to assist in your and Gain’s success.
- Possess a willingness to get your hands dirty and to lead by example.
- Build and develop a high performing team as the company prepares to scale operations
- Recruit, coach, manage, and retain the CS Team members
- Ensure the team is appropriately staffed and trained to drive customer satisfaction
- Help with team and team member prioritization, reviews, and performance.
- Develop, refine, and support the Customer Success Team onboarding program.
- Coordinate team coverage and efforts.
- Provide the team with guidance in building customer relationships and navigating challenging situations.
- Serve as an escalation point for customers within the CSM book of business.
- Own Customer Success Team CRM initiatives and processes within Gain’s CRM and other systems to monitor projects and ensure the team meets milestones, deliverables, and objectives.
- Work closely with the Product Team to ensure the voice of the customer is captured in product roadmap initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Sales Team to optimize the handoff from contract close to implementation.
We are looking for some combination of:
- Experience leading and empowering client facing teams and team members to their fullest potential.
- A passion to deliver exceptional customer experience at any cost.
- Willingness to jump into new roles and challenges to help the team succeed.
- Ability to weave together big-picture and detailed thinking into a roadmap for success.
- Ownership and follow-through.
- Building, coaching, mentoring and managing high-performing teams.
- A growth mindset – someone who is intellectually curious and eager to contribute.
- Comfort with individual and team failure as a mechanism towards growth and achieving excellence.
- Project management.
- An exceptional and effective communicator.
- Ability to quickly pick up new and technical domains outside of your past experience.
Located in Des Moines, IA.
If you are interested in joining us, please send a cover letter and resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Located in the East Village of downtown Des Moines, Gain Compliance has a product-first culture and is building a best-in-class team to leverage the latest technologies and best practices to solve challenging problems. We are committed to a creative, customer-led approach to product development.
In addition to the satisfaction (and upside) of joining a successful company in its early stages, we offer a flexible work environment and top-tier benefits.