Gain Compliance is developing innovative software products to help insurance professionals with the burden of their compliance-related filings. We are a team who is passionate about building great products that customers love!
We are looking for a senior engineer to help build the core APIs and distributed processing systems to make the complex needs of our customers seem simple. You’ll be joining a growing team of distributed engineers who are rapidly deploying SaaS products.
We need a product minded engineer who is comfortable working alongside Product owners to complete our young app. If this sounds like an interesting challenge, please apply!
You’ll be Doing:
- Building REST and GraphQL APIs to connect multiple services together, including traditional app servers and multiple flavors of serverless infrastructure
- Expand our graph rule system to handle over 10 times the complexity while increasing performance. We are evolving our custom rule system and evaluation environment to scale to our future business needs and are looking for someone who can support our current evaluation environment and adapt it for scale, stability and clarity as our customer needs evolve.
- Building fault tolerant, distributed and scalable Node and Python service layers. We have a multi language stack that rides atop Google’s elastic infrastructure, you’ll be helping our services handle dynamic loads, with varying input and accounting for cold starts, failed network requests with an eye for preserving data integrity.
- Optimizing our three different data stores (Google Datastore, Redis and MySQL) to provide secure and snappy responses.
- Implement a new system for aggregating and calculating thousands of data points across dozens of financial documents. To pull this off, you’ll be managing large graphs of dependencies, efficiently partitioning them, and probably building additional layers to wrangle this new complexity.
What You’ll Bring:
- Experience writing production-level Python code
- Comfort with platforms as a service (PaaS) and serverless products
- Experiencing using Continuous Integration in team environments
- An eagerness to improve developer experiences and confidence through processes and tooling
- Passion for taking complex code and finding pragmatic ways to leave it better than you found it.
- Willingness to go out of their way to make things easy to use and put the burden on the software not on the customer
- Comfort working on a distributed team and using chat, video calls and document writing to champion your passion (and share some funny gifs)
- Comfortable working in a diverse team and appreciating different approaches, experiences and solutions while building our product.
Bonus Points, for:
- Production experience with GraphQL
- Wrangling scalable Kubernetes in production
- Using React and Redux to build component client side code
- Comfort with Node.js in Cloud environments
- Experience with document or graph databases
Building a Remote and Inclusive Workplace
Gain Compliance is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Gain Compliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
We offer flexible hours, a generous vacation policy, 100% employer-paid insurance premiums, and a family-friendly schedule for everyone, including parents managing modern schedules.
This job is located on the internet, US-based remote applicants welcome! If you live near Des Moines, Iowa – we’ll even give you a desk and coworker-smells to enjoy. We are eager to talk to you at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach a resume and cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect person to help us build our test dreams.