Job Posting / January 2021
Gain Compliance is developing innovative software products to help insurance professionals with the burden of their compliance-related filings. We are a team who is passionate about building great products that customers love!
We are looking for a developer to enable our team to build scalable and repeatable business processes across the company. You will be improving our operations through clever use of technology to help our customer service and product operations team have success. If you are willing to go out of your way to provide real, working solutions to difficult problems and are up for an interesting challenge, please apply!
You’ll be Doing:
- Using Google’s Big Query to mine business insights
- Prototyping future product solutions in Google Sheets through custom Google Apps Script
- Customizing HubSpot to help our Customer Services team continue to delight our customers
- Finding creative ways to integrate our SaaS product signals, Slack interactions, Google Sheets, Zapier and other digital duct tape to supercharge the effectiveness of various teams
- Enjoying seeing your coworkers pets and children on video calls
What You’ll Bring:
- Ability to quickly pick up projects and own them to completion
- Eagerness to learn business problems and solve them with practical solutions
- Willingness to go out of your way to make things easy to use and put the burden on the software not on the customer
- Comfort working on a distributed team and using chat, video calls and document writing to champion and communicate your ideas (sometimes through silly gifs)
- A proactive self starter who is intellectually curious
- A pragmatic interest in building useful tools to help your coworkers
- Ability to cut through roles, titles and official responsibilities to deliver results
- Self motivation to have an outsized impact with minimal oversight
This job is located in the East Village of Des Moines, Iowa. You’ll work alongside talented Customer Support teammates, Product Operations nerds, Sales friends and encouraging Engineers. You can expect to be highly collaborative with our engineering team to extend the inner facing fringes of our SaaS product.
We are a small startup with a lot of opportunities and minimal boundaries. If this excites you please apply firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach a resume and cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect person to help us.