Job Posting / May 2021
Gain Compliance is developing innovative software products to help insurance professionals with the burden of their compliance-related filings. We are a team who is passionate about building great products that customers love!
We are looking for an analyst with critical judgment and attention to detail to assist in the development, maintenance, and testing of the configurations that drive our world-class software products. If you are willing to go out of your way to provide real, working solutions to difficult problems and are up for an interesting challenge, please apply!
You’ll be Doing:
- As part of a growing company, all employees wear multiple hats and contribute to the success of our company in multiple ways
- Work with the Product team to build, test, and maintain product configurations and content that drive our world-class software products
- Apply knowledge of the accounting standards and regulatory requirements in the design, development, and testing of product features and services offered by the company
- Work with and develop internal systems and processes to support team projects and initiatives
- Collaborate with the Client Services, Product, and Engineering teams around customer questions and product enhancements
- Enjoy seeing your coworkers pets and children on video calls
- Assist with other tasks that arise in the context of a fast-paced technology startup
What You’ll Bring:
- Ability to quickly pick up projects and own them to completion
- A high degree of motivation and the ability to exercise critical judgment and reasoning
- Passion to deliver value for the customer experience
- Strong technical aptitude, with competency in using Google Productivity Suite and/or Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Outstanding project management, follow-through and attention to details
- A growth mindset, intellectual curiosity, and eagerness to contribute
- Comfort working on a distributed team and using chat, video calls and document writing to champion and communicate your ideas (sometimes through silly gifs)
- Self motivation to have an outsized impact with minimal oversight
- SaaS software experience
- Insurance industry experience
- Accounting, financial reporting, or statutory financial statement experience
- Minimum 2 year degree or equivalent with an emphasis in Accounting and or Management Information Systems (MIS)
We are a small startup with a lot of opportunities and minimal boundaries. You will have a direct and visible impact on the success of the company and you will be rewarded with (appreciation and) with opportunities to match your contribution. If this excites you please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a resume and cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect person to help us.
This job is located in the East Village of Des Moines, Iowa. You’ll work alongside talented, friendly, nerdy, and motivated teammates. You can expect to be highly collaborative with other teams focused on helping our customers thrive.
In addition to the satisfaction (and upside) of joining a successful company in its early stages, we offer a flexible work environment and top-tier benefits.