Job Posting / September 2021
Gain Compliance is developing innovative software products to help insurance professionals with the burden of their compliance-related filings. We are a team passionate about building great products that customers love!
We’re looking for an Associate Product Manager to help ensure the success of our industry changing product. You’ll be joining a growing team who is rapidly delivering SaaS products.
We need a customer focused and product minded team player who is comfortable driving and delivering on our potential. This person will work alongside other product leaders and a team of engineers, and play an important role in defining the future of our product with a focus on execution. If this sounds like an interesting challenge, please apply!
What You’ll be Doing:
- Bridge the gaps between the short and long-term plans by owning product definition, facilitating planning and distribution of work, and ensuring the team delivers a product customers love
- Coordinate smooth launches of new features, including crafting release notes, testing, gathering and incorporating customer feedback, and helping our team understand the changes
- Investigate, scope, prioritize, and share product features and knowledge using a deep understanding of our product, your top notch problem solving skills, and attention to detail. People thrive with context, and you’ll be a key bridge to providing this context
- Proactively identify, communicate, and mitigate risks when work is being planned and executed
- Relentlessly champion improvements in the way we work, with an eye for quality outcomes over strict adherence to process
- Facilitate knowledge exchange within the product development team and between the product development team and other teams within the organization
- Unblock dependencies by connecting and communicating across all areas of our business
- Contribute to the success of the company by hopping in and taking ownership in other areas that are key to helping a growing company mature and scale
What You’ll Bring:
- Values quality outcomes over process completion
- A willingness to jump into our niche business. You’ll need to immerse yourself in our product, industry and business goals through a curiosity-fuelled exploration
- An unwavering customers focus
- A keen eye for details. You are able to spot gaps and patterns and transform them into insights.
- A love for connecting groups (and herding
catsengineers, accountants, customer support and sales)
- An eagerness for continuous improvement that pursues quality outcomes
- An ambition to pitch in and help the team succeed. We are a tiny company that rewards creativity and scrappiness
- A knack for keeping teams focused when there is a ton of work in progress and nebulous deadlines, along with some spunk to kick our butts into gear
- Comfort working on a distributed team and using chat, video calls and writing to champion your passion (and share some funny gifs)
- Comfortable working in a diverse team and appreciating different approaches, experiences and solutions while building our product. We value disagreement and exploration to produce great products, not false agreement. Come help us productively fight
Bonus Points for:
- A history of learning new industries
- Experience working in SaaS organizations
- A growth mindset with a love for life-long learning
- An agile mindset
Building a Remote and Inclusive Workplace
Gain Compliance is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Gain Compliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
We offer flexible hours, a generous vacation policy, 100% employer-paid insurance premiums, and a family-friendly schedule for everyone, including parents managing modern schedules.
This job is located on the internet, US-based remote applicants welcome! If you live near Des Moines, Iowa – we’ll even give you a desk and coworker-smells to enjoy. We are eager to talk to you at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach a resume and cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect person to help us build our dreams.